Tuesday, November 29, 2011

All of the lights

OK, not ALL of the lights. But I've been looking for an excuse to link to this video ever since my sister introduced me to it - gotta to love a music video with an epilepsy warning, am I right?

And check it out... WE HAVE LIGHTS.


They don't all have bulbs in them, but oh my gosh, I skipped around the house like a little kid, flipping switches and doing a completely ridiculous dance/squeal combo whenever a switch actually did something.

Walk into upstairs guest bedroom...


Flip switch...


EEEEEEE IT'S MAGIC!!!


As you can see in the photo above, the plumbers were back today installing fixtures, and I think water is supposed to be hooked up tomorrow! The master bathroom now has its shower faucet and glass surround and it looks absolutely gorgeous. Now we just have to get in there and paint the trim and beadboard, and the tile installer has to finish off the shelves in the shower (where you see the red below).



The plumbers also installed the faucets for the vessel sinks I mentioned a couple days ago.


The toilets are in too, but I figured no one really wants to see pictures of toilets...

BUT LOOK, MORE LIGHTS!!


The painters were also back at the house today, and painted the entire kitchen/living room area! We settled on Benjamin Moore's Summer Lime, and it's actually pretty subtle at night with only a limited amount of lighting. It looks pale yellow, whereas in sunlight it has a bit more green in it. I can't wait to see it during the daytime, but for now this was the best I could do, photo-wise:


Things are getting SO CLOSE, you guys. Seriously, I can hardly deal with it. Throughout this whole process, I have every so often just burst into tears when I visit the house, but I think the frequency is increasing. This evening I sat down on the steps for a while to look around, and before I knew it I was crying my face off because I was so overwhelmed with how completely amazing everything is, and how I am the luckiest person in the universe to have the opportunity to build this house, and live there with my best friend and our best canine friends, and have our wonderful family and friends support us in this crazy adventure, and have a job I love so much that hanging out here for the duration of a 30-year mortgage is totally appealing. And all of you who stop by and read this goofy little blog! And and and... amazing. And now I'm totally crying again. Get it together, basketcase!!

7 comments:

  1. It's beautiful all lit up! I love that spare bedroom light. You did an awesome job picking out fixtures. You guys took on a huge project that most people wouldn't have attempted and it has turned out fabulous... you deserve every bit of this awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Miss Kit's wonderful words. AWESOME JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek you're so close to being finished! Color me jealous. I was going to ask what the sheets of red glass in the niches were...LOL I didn't realize that was the tile backing. You had a Christmas schemed shower going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies!! It is all starting to feel REAL in a way that is totally amazing and overwhelming.

    B and I went back after I posted this, and realized that the jellyfish lights up too!! It still has its paint raincoat on though, so I couldn't get a photo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so not a basketcase! If I was in your shoes, I'd be a big blubbering mess. In fact, your post made me a little teary-eyed. Your house looks absolutely beautiful and I'm really excited for you! For what it's worth, I'd love to see toilet pics because I'm weird like that (plus I'm in the market for a new one).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE all of these pictures! You guys have the most beautiful home! Can't wait to visit it again in person sometime. :)
    Anne

    ReplyDelete