Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A picture's worth 1000 words

So I'm going to save myself 3000 words on today's progress (most of which probably would have been "HOLY COW!").




Is it the world's largest skylight? Well maybe for now, but it will ultimately be our dormer, which will (1) give us a river view from the bedroom; and (2) significantly increase the awesomeness of the living room. Here is a somewhat old schematic to help you visualize - the windows have changed a bit, but you'll get the idea:


There was also progress on the north side of the house, where the crew had started framing yesterday. Today they continued work, adding sheeting.


I am really looking forward to the day that the house has no extraneous openings to the outside world!

Also - after some technical difficulties, I think I have the slide show on the right side of this blog both functional and up to date (yippee!). I haven't mentioned this little project yet, but I've been taking photos from the same three angles every time there is a substantial change in the way the house looks. I am having a lot of fun with it, and think it will make a hilarious coffee table book once we're finally done!

No comments:

Post a Comment